The wait is on

gclarrot

Songster
Apr 21, 2020
1 out of my 4 BOs comb has gotten "thicker" and more red, including her cheeks and waddles. The other 3 ladies combs are still pink, and their waddles haven't came in yet as much, nor are they red. She's been very noisy lately. They all have been quite noisy as my husband remarked to me two days ago, "they seem to be agitated out there" and i looked and saw nothing. it was 8pm. Same with the morning. They all (4 BOs and 4 EEs...) seem to be getting loud with the bawks and very *ahem* verbal with me, and being much more demanding about snacks. They get "snacks" about 2 times a week, sometimes 3 if my sons want to go out.

She will squat when i place my hand on her back but the other ones don't. My BOs are 20 weeks.

I have been placing oyster shell on the side in their run if any one is interested in it..The small container is almost empty and I added it 3 days ago.

On average, I see buffs can take as long as 27 weeks to lay.

If you've had BO, when was the earliest they surprised you?

Average onset of lay for most breeds is 18-28 weeks.
They'll lay when they are ready to lay...and it sure sounds like your birds are close with the squatting and reddening skin and vociferous vocalizations.
Messing up the nests will be the sign that eggs will arrive within a few days.

Don't react to the noise with snack 'rewards'.... bad habit and not good for them.

Back
Top Bottom