The wait...

Chick1043

Songster
8 Years
Jun 5, 2011
Idaho
Today is day 21. My egg pipped around 6:30 - 7:00 am. I can tell it's trying crack the shell some more but still hasn't made any progress for 8 - 9 hours. This chick needs to hurry up and get here! It's a Blue/Black Silkie bantam.:) Also I was curious, what's the longest you waited for a chick to hatch? I mean since it pipped? Thanks

I actually have never hatched before but really want to soon. I have gotten all my birds when they where chicks or already laying
sad.png
! I've heard that some people haven't had there chicks hatch till 24-26 days but I think the chicks could go longer without hatching!
Hope you have a successful hatch!
Good Luck!
frow.gif

Wow that's long! It chipped away some more! Now I can see it's beak!!!! Super excited!!! Now I KNOW it will not need any help! Last hatch I did they pipped but didn't chip away anymore for 3 days. I had to help them and they survived:) But that was quail...

Thanks! I really want to make a slide show because I mostly have pictures of the hatch. I did get a video of the chick pushing out but I'll upload that tomorrow since it's going to take an hour to upload to youtube. Mean while, here are some pic!! Btw, Boo was born at 11:23, November 1st. Hatch day too! I'll post the rest tomorrow.

So smart in doing a slideshow, I never would of thought of that.
Can't wait for the video, will be looking forward to it! Post a piccie when the chick is all fluffy, wanna see that fluffy butt
wee.gif

Last edited:
So smart in doing a slideshow, I never would of thought of that.
Can't wait for the video, will be looking forward to it! Post a piccie when the chick is all fluffy, wanna see that fluffy butt
wee.gif
I will try my best to make the video! I have a short video of it popping out but the egg gets stuck on its head. lol Will do!!

Back
Top Bottom