1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

the what poultry things do you want to do or get before you die thread

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by fowlsessed, Dec 8, 2011.

1. fowlsessed

fowlsessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2011
    east Tennessee
    The title says it all. I want to raise some oriental games and try the avian aqua miser waterer, also have about 100 chickens at one time. Get some narragansett turkeys and peafowl, and many other things I can't remember now.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I want to have enough money to get some Cream Leg Bars. Thyey are just so neat but out of my price range right now. I also want to get an old camper that I can make into a chicken coop. My DH is a wonderful man just not very handy at building chicken coops and ours are not what I want but he wont let me do it myself. I would prefer one that still has the furnace in it so I could run it on low just to keep the waters from freezing. I am looking but so far no luck unless I want to pay alot of money that I dont have right now. Oh well hopefully I have a long time before I die. [​IMG]

3. SuperChickenDude327

SuperChickenDude327 Chillin' With My Peeps

I wish to get three turkeys, 4 more hens, and possibly a Runner Duck

4. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Ah, what a wonderful question!

I personally want to move within the next 5 years to a ranch type of property. Once there, I'd like to start farming Alpacas, and seriously work on breeding either OEGs, or developing my own line of birds.

Additionally, I'd like to farm turkeys as well. Preferably a smaller breed farmed organically.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  5. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Our poultry bucket list?

I'd like to fly to Norway, pick out some of the Pomeranian Geese that I saw on TV, and import them into the USA.

Just as soon as I win that lottery........

6. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I want to develop a breed that doesn't crow and lays copius amounts of yellow, red and orange eggs.

Oh yeah and then I'll be able to afford Cream Legbars.

7. flowerchild59

flowerchild59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Southern IL
    I would like to have breeder pens set up for year round use, I mean, set up to my specifications and not my husbands idea of how things should be done.
    I would like to import some good quality dorkings and la fleche.

8. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Quote:I have a friend in Northern Missouri with an amazing number of varieties of LaFleche.
    I could PM the info to you.

Yeah - breeder pens. I keep building them and learn as I go. Redoing all nest boxes now to trap nests.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by