The Wyandotte Thread

This years breeding flocks

0.jpg

0.jpg

0.jpg

Beautiful as always! Did you use Orpingtons to get the jubilee color?

I started with hatching eggs from Germany. I have no clue whether or not they used the Orpington to create the jubilee variety in Germany. Short after I hatched the eggs, the breeder I got the eggs from, disappeared from the radar. That way I was left with a lot of questions left unanswered.
Later I traded roosters with a Dutch breeder who used the speckled Sussex to improve color.

Beautiful! Now I have to add another color to my Wyandotte wish list!

Skip the wish list, just get them in your coop
tongue.png

0.jpg

0.jpg

0.jpg

0.jpg

I started with hatching eggs from Germany. I have no clue whether or not they used the Orpington to create the jubilee variety in Germany. Short after I hatched the eggs, the breeder I got the eggs from, disappeared from the radar. That way I was left with a lot of questions left unanswered. Later I traded roosters with a Dutch breeder who used the speckled Sussex to improve color. Skip the wish list, just get them in your coop :p
Too cute! Do you sell them lol

Hi, I have a gold laced Wyandotte called Rose -
Do you think I would be able to show her / is she show quality? She is around 20 - 24 weeks old.

Tap for clearer image.

Last edited:
Hi there. I have this 5-6 week old silver laced wyanodotte and I'm wondering if you all can tell whether it is a male or female? I'm normally pretty good at telling, but I'm just not sure with this one. Thanks!

Hi, I have a gold laced Wyandotte called Rose -
Do you think I would be able to show her / is she show quality? She is around 20 - 24 weeks old.

Tap for clearer image.

Read the APA standard to make sure you have no DQs on your sweet girl. Then enter/sign up for a show. There are so many different types of poultry shows. You learn at the shows and get a reality check by entering. There will be some snobs but there will be some really helpful people too. At our Cat Fancy shows I learned from both snobs and nice people. And judging is very subjective depending on what is important to the person who's judging at the time. I say Go For It and GL!

Thank you for your replies! I will look at showing her and will look at the SOP. I will find out if there are any shows near by. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom