The Wyandotte Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by roocrazy, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Stumpfarmer

Stumpfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Quote:Ah.

Is there an easily accessible chicken color genetics article or table that's not the color computer? I saw a sex link breeding table and forgot to save the link, but it also only mentioned BLRW as an off-hand addition. I'm finally at the point where I'll be actively seeking a couple of additional hens in the next week or so, and my epic series of bad design decissions on the permanent Wyandotte accomodations has used up a lot of the chicken budget, so I'll be limited in my choices.

Try going to kippenjungle.nl/breeds/crrossbreeds.html

Thanks for that, too: the more info the more likely I am to come to a good compromise position.

2. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    Quote:Are you psychic?! [​IMG]
    How do you luck into these great chicks? I would have DRIVEN to pick up those chicks. I cruise by featherauction every other day just in case. Obviously, I need to pay more attention on Mondays (ship day?)

Quick, give me some lottery numbers, you're on a roll.........[​IMG]

3. encorepistol

encorepistol Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    MO
    Quote:Are you psychic?! [​IMG]
    How do you luck into these great chicks? I would have DRIVEN to pick up those chicks. I cruise by featherauction every other day just in case. Obviously, I need to pay more attention on Mondays (ship day?)

Quick, give me some lottery numbers, you're on a roll.........[​IMG]

Lol it was luck. I think she had just posted it also. I check several times a day but need to stop. I was just about to buy the eggs from royal oaks black bantams and seen the blues [​IMG]

4. encorepistol

encorepistol Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    MO
    They all made it safe and sound with a few suprises [​IMG]. The Foleys are some of the best people Ive ever dealt with and have excellent stock to boot![​IMG]

5. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    [​IMG]
    I can't wait to get mine from them!
    They are some of the best people and always willing to help.

6. Notting Hill

Notting Hill Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2011
    Ozark County
    Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been following the Wyandotte thread for several months. My name is Deb and I'm from southern Missouri. I've been raising chickens for 12 years, but this year we decided to start raising wyandottes and stick with them instead of changing chickens every couple of years. We have gotten white wyandottes from Jonathan and bantam wyandottes locally. I am hoping to get some BLRWs from the Foleys. Thanks to everyone for all I've been learning from you!

Deb

7. sjarvis00

sjarvis00 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    You will not be disapointed with the Foley's BLRW for certain. The introduction of that line to the two we already had made a considerable difference for our breeding program. We were very impressed.
    I should go a little further and say how much you will enjoy the wyandotte breed it is in my opinion at least the best large fowl breed I have ever been around.

8. KC n KY

KC n KY Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grayson, KY
    Quote:I agree! I got some BLRW's from the Foley's in April, and they are looking magnificent. They have great type and what seems to be good lacing, plus, they are nearly twice the size of the American Games they are being raised with. You will not be disapointed.

Notting Hill- [​IMG]

9. Longfellowgirls

Longfellowgirls Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2011
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hi all. I'm a first time chicken/wyandotte raiser. I have a 5 week old GLW pullet (I'm hoping) that has white spots...is this normal???

10. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    Spent my day off working on the coop expansion...we are SO tired(it called for a bit of wine to ease my shoulder pain!) But, we have all the posts sunk and part of it caged. HUGE-Way bigger than we planned for. Tomorrow-we cage the rest and add fence to the roof-then we can separate our BLW and silvers [​IMG]

But for tonight...Advil and wine [​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by