The Wyandotte Thread

Quote:
The white bantams are quite readily available lay as most wyandottes do fairly regular and frequent, great temperment. You should be able to locate some at virtually every poultry show, advertised in teh poultry press and many other locations. they are likely the most common Bantam Wyandotte.

Thank you that makes me feel good! I checked out my most recent poultry press but nothing at least for right now. Is there any other place to possibly find a local breeder? I was also thinking i might find some at crossroads as i will be attending.

Does anyone have any Columbian or Silver Laced Wyandottes? If so could you post some pictures that would be awesome
big_smile.png

Quote:
There are many pictures posted thoughout this thread.

Check page #2.

Oh doh I must have skipped that page, saw some on page 9. I wish there was a way to search just a thread.

Quote:
Check page #2.

Oh doh I must have skipped that page, saw some on page 9. I wish there was a way to search just a thread.

I agree on the search feature!
Katy's sl are nice, aren't they?
droolin.gif

Quote:

I agree on the search feature!
Katy's sl are nice, aren't they?
droolin.gif

Yea theyre amazing

We have 18 SLW chicks from the Turbos that they helped me with very late in their hatching season. I couldn't be happier with them. They survived a glitch by the USPS but arrived healthy the next day with only 1 loss. They have been nearly doubling in weight every week and are starting to fill up most of their 4x4 brooder. They'll be 4 weeks old next week and are feathering on what i understand to be the normal rather slow process for Wyandottes.

So, since these are our first chickens I have a question that I have reasearched but can't seem to find an answer that applies to the Wyandottes since they grow fast and feather slow. I noticed one chick has most of the down around her vent plucked off but no bleeding. Our outside temps have highs between 83 and 95 with lows between 55 and 65 and it never rains before November. Do you think it is too early to move them out to their coop with a heat lamp at night?

Thanks to all of you who have posted before. It has been very helpful in our preparation for our first flock.

Craig

------
Make a difference in a way that only you can.

Quote:
The white bantams are quite readily available lay as most wyandottes do fairly regular and frequent, great temperment. You should be able to locate some at virtually every poultry show, advertised in teh poultry press and many other locations. they are likely the most common Bantam Wyandotte.

Thank you that makes me feel good! I checked out my most recent poultry press but nothing at least for right now. Is there any other place to possibly find a local breeder? I was also thinking i might find some at crossroads as i will be attending.

white bantam wyandottes... some of the best in the country

http://wyandottesonline.com/

Back
Top Bottom