The Wyandotte Thread

I will try to get some but it might be next week. so darker hackles in pullets or hens breeds better males and lighter breeds better pullets? inquiring minds want to know.

Male line - Pullets hackle is dark yet crisp and penciling so dark it almost looks blended ( but not suppose to be brownish) slightly mossy- Flights are dark not grey. Here is a good (over exaggerated by software I'm sure) example of pullet - male line. They show both lines on the following site;
http://www.partridgewyandotteclub.co.uk/Genetics.html granted their colors are wayy different than ours as you scroll down their page but will give you an idea....

With my line, I am guessing I will cross over to breeding a pullet line to get rid of the brassy/gold tint before I can go back to breeding for the good males.

I will try to get some but it might be next week. so darker hackles in pullets or hens breeds better males and lighter breeds better pullets? inquiring minds want to know.

Male line - Pullets hackle is dark yet crisp and  penciling so dark it almost looks blended ( but not suppose to be brownish) slightly mossy- Flights are dark not grey.  Here is a good (over exaggerated by software I'm sure) example of  pullet - male line.   They show both lines on the following site;  
http://www.partridgewyandotteclub.co.uk/Genetics.html  granted their colors are wayy different than ours  as you scroll down their page but will give you an idea....

With my line, I am guessing I will cross over to breeding a pullet line to get rid of the brassy/gold tint before I can go back to breeding for the good males.  

the girls I have have black hackles very little silver at all. penciling is ok but red leakage. I need to look at my other roos. I know I had roos that looked like that pullet roo....might still have one. thanks. I will get pics.

Male line - Pullets hackle is dark yet crisp and penciling so dark it almost looks blended ( but not suppose to be brownish) slightly mossy- Flights are dark not grey. Here is a good (over exaggerated by software I'm sure) example of pullet - male line. They show both lines on the following site;
http://www.partridgewyandotteclub.co.uk/Genetics.html granted their colors are wayy different than ours as you scroll down their page but will give you an idea....

interesting !!! I seem to have a silver penciled pullet line with rust/red in the cockerel wings, would this be normal?

I know you are not asking me but SPW shouldn't have any cream/rust/red showing. the roos should look like a SLW roo color wise.

someone posted a SPW pullet on my FB page with really nice penciling and I looked at her and thought mine were hopeless....hehe

Does anyone know of anyone in the United States (besides Greenfire) who has Allen Brookers Lavender Wyandotte stock? I will pay a pretty penny to get some.

Back
Top Bottom