The Wyandotte Thread

I am not an expert at genetics, just used the chicken calculator. If you looking for Blue Laced Gold chicken, as you noticed, you are only getting Blue Laced Gold cockerels either way. You will have to ask one of the genetics experts here to find out how to get Blue Laced Gold pullets from there on.

Theoretically if you would cross the Blue Laced Gold F1 cockerels with the SLW mother, you will get 1/16 (6.25%) BLG pullets and 1/16 BLS pullets. If you have only 1 hen that means you will need to hatch a lot of chicks to get those results. You will be practically putting eggs in the incubator every week for many many weeks unless you are willing to wait for every generation to grow out and then decide next.
Thanks
I have 2 Roosters that were raised together. The Splash Roo is beating up the BLR Roo.
So Im trying to figure out which one needs to go. Im so bummed I love them both, was hoping they would get along.
They are both really good looking boys. I might keep the Splash since he will throw BLR.

Last edited:
Hi, I have a wyandotte breeding question.
I have some really nice SLW hens and a GLW hen. I have a Blue Laced Red Rooster and a Blue Laced Red (Splash)Rooster.
What Rooster would be best to breed to my hens? Or will both roosters throw the same color chicks with my hens?
Thanks

SLW hens will make sex links. You will get silver cockerels with red leakage with those hens. No usable cockerels from them.

The GLW with a Blue would give you 50/50 blue and black but you would have to fight the mahogany gene to get GLW. Then you would have to fight the gold thing to keep them for BLRW.

Splash will give you 100% blue chicks but basically the same as above.

my wyandottes just started laying ..i've noticed the eggs are pearl color to a very lite pink looking color ..just woundering what color everyone else's egg colors are from their wyandottes ..also mine are columbian wyandottes , is there a diffrent color eggs from say a silver laced or a gold laced...

guess which one is the wyandottes eggs ..lol

they are pretty but i was thinking they would be a lite brown egg ..but as you can see they are almost white

thats a wellie egg next to this one ..the wellies been laying a few weeks now ..the wyandottes started just this last week or so ..

Last edited:

This years splash pair

SLW hens will make sex links. You will get silver cockerels with red leakage with those hens. No usable cockerels from them.

The GLW with a Blue would give you 50/50 blue and black but you would have to fight the mahogany gene to get GLW. Then you would have to fight the gold thing to keep them for BLRW.

Splash will give you 100% blue chicks but basically the same as above.
Thanks
Im having a hard time deciding which rooster to keep.

Back
Top Bottom