The Wyandotte Thread

Hello. I'm sorry to jump into the middle of this thread. I have never had wyandottes, but they are beautiful birds. I was thinking of adding some to my spring order. How do the hatchery wyandottes lay?

Hello. I'm sorry to jump into the middle of this thread. I have never had wyandottes, but they are beautiful birds. I was thinking of adding some to my spring order. How do the hatchery wyandottes lay?
Which hatchery will you be ordering from? Just curious. I can't answer your question, but I hope someone here does. I have a Columbin Wyandotte from mypetchicken.com, but she is not old enough to lay yet. She does, however, have an outstanding temperament, is an excellent forager, and is very smart compared to most of our other gals. She is huge! And so very pretty. She is also accepting & even motherly to our younger group of 4, which has made integrating them into our flock much less stressful (they're 2 months younger). She likes to sit on my lap for petting when the mood strikes her. I hope she ends up being a decent layer!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom