The Wyandotte Thread

Was wondering...
Just got 3 new pullets about 2 months old (Still in quarantine) a BR, an EE and
some sort of black/white Wyandotte. I thought I was getting a Silver laced...

The Silver laced Wyandottes I see photos of have a black encircling white feather pattern.
The one I got, she has a white encircling black feather pattern.
I looked up Reversed silver laced and Black laced white, but haven't seen a single photo.

Was wondering if any of you have and what kind of Wyandotte this is called?
I never saw a Wyandotte like this. Thoughts?

Thanks for your time.
-Koodra

I have:
Pullets
Barred Rock (Pullet) Barris (the bossy)
Easter Egger (Pullet) Xam (the wide-eyed)
??? Black/white Wyandotte - Shmee
Hens
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte: Padmé (7.5 months old not yet laying)
French Copper Marans - Amidala (Beautiful layer of chocolate brown speckled eggs)
Production Red - Leia (and boy she is a good layer!)
It's a silver laced wyandotte, how old is it?

It is supposed to be a SLW. It is 2 1/2 months old, born mid August.

The feather pattern is opposite what is usual for this bird. It is supposed to be a white feather with a black edge encircling it, I've got the opposite. And I put this on another thread in here and was told it was a cockerel, but with no explanation as to why they thought that.

However, this week, the head is turning red, the legs are longer, the neck feathers are pointier and the waddles are developing and red.

I am thinking my "Shmee" is a Schmo! Not sure I want to hear it crow.

Thoughts?

I am down to the last four Blue Laced Red Wyandottes roosters of this year that I am selling. They are about 6 months and asking 20 a piece. I am 15 minutes south of Louisville on I-65 if anyone is interested. Let me know if you would like to see pictures.

The feather pattern is opposite what is usual for this bird. It is supposed to be a white feather with a black edge encircling it, I've got the opposite. And I put this on another thread in here and was told it was a cockerel, but with no explanation as to why they thought that.

However, this week, the head is turning red, the legs are longer, the neck feathers are pointier and the waddles are developing and red.

Thoughts?
Can you post a picture of her from more recently? From what I saw in the last photo I would say pullet, at that age my slw roo had somewhat large waddles and a bright red comb. Her feathering is very cool too, I have never seen one like that.

Thoughts?
My hatchery males looked just like that when they were young. After their first molt they begin to look more like what their supposed to. Hatchery birds can be nice birds and once in a while you get a nice looking one, but for pure eye candy get some from a breeder.

Thoughts?

It is a cockerel because of its coloring. Pullets will be laced all over. Cockerels will be darker with lacing only on the chest. Yours is a hatchery bird and not colored very well so you will not see one like him probably. But the silver in the wings and in the hackles is a cockerel thing not a pullet thing.

My birds are from a top breeder in the country so they have a lot more silver but notice they are NOT LACED except on the chest.

It is a cockerel because of its coloring. Pullets will be laced all over. Cockerels will be darker with lacing only on the chest. Yours is a hatchery bird and not colored very well so you will not see one like him probably. But the silver in the wings and in the hackles is a cockerel thing not a pullet thing. My birds are from a top breeder in the country so they have a lot more silver but notice they are NOT LACED except on the chest.
t BEAUTIFUL SLW :)

Back
Top Bottom