The Wyandotte Thread

Sorry its through the chicken wire!! This is echo my SLW pullet around 12 weeks! I am a newbie and have 4 silver laced, one of which is a cockerel! We named them Blue, Charlie, Delta, and Echo! Any info or cool fact about the Wyandotte breed would be welcomed!!!

This is my cockerel Blue! He's not very good at keeping his girls in line yet, but he's been great fun to watch try haha!

And here is my pullet Charlie! She's probably above the cockerel at this point in the pecking order haha! But she's by far the most outgoing and friendly!! I thought this was a great picture!

Any info or cool fact about the Wyandotte breed would be welcomed!!!
Well, the silver laced is the original variety, although it was initially called just "silver Wyandotte", with the gold laced the second variety accepted (and originally just called golden Wyandotte). Here is a link to an old book (out of copyright now) that covers the history of the development:
https://archive.org/stream/cu31924003109216#page/n1/mode/2up

Hi Everyone. Wondering if you can lend advice?. My 17 week old Golden Laced Wyandotte doesn't seem herself for the past couple days. Worried about her. Barely eating and drinking. Seems sluggish, all she wants to do is lay around and I often find her back in the coup by herself. No respiratory issues. No injuries. Not sure what to do.

Hen #4 head

Hen #4 comb

Hen #4 top view

Hen #4 silhouette

Hen #4 legs

Hen #3 comb

Hen #3 top viewish

Hen #3 silhouette

Hen #3 legs

PHOTO DUMP! Sorry, it was necessary, but we will live UNLESS someone quotes me.(please don't, no one wants to see a those pics over and over again, they just want to read your posts;) Any way these are two of my five Wyandottes. What do you think compared to the SOP? I need advice, since I might start breeding.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom