The Wyandotte Thread

hello all,

I want to work with bringing in cuckoo color to my Wyandottes but am not sure if I should cross the Dominique Cockeral over either the Black, Blue, or Splash hen or Cross one of my Blue or Black Cockerals over a couple of Dominique hens.
Also intend to keep my blue color group of Wyandottes and work on getting them to standard.
I expect both projects to take a very long time and would appreciate any feedback.

Right now my blues are 5 weeks and growing into a fun, rowdy, bunch. They pretty much have most all of their juvenal (may have misspelled that) feathers. Out of the 14 of the chicks from Privett, atleast 4 are definitely boys. They are hatchery stock and I am looking to add blues from other lines down the road to help improve the flock.

69377_11-21-2010_chicks.jpg

69377_11-21-2010_chicks_6.jpg

69377_11-21-2010_chicks_12.jpg

These 3 are favorites as they are really sweet and love to be held and petted: Alice, Saphire, & Rubert
69377_11-21-2010_alice_saphire_rubert.jpg

69377_11-21-2010_rooster_chic.jpg

Today was a beautiful day in Kentucky so I cleaned out the coop and took pictures of some of my Foley chicks. They are about 13 weeks old, the black cockerel has personality plus.
51814_dsc02204_046.jpg

Do you think the one below is a hen??? I hope so
51814_dsc02183_025.jpg

51814_dsc02165_007.jpg

51814_dsc02160_002.jpg

51814_brock.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
If memory serves me correctly, I believe if you cross a White Wyandotte on your Blues you should get some barred or rather cuckoo. You could also cross a Barred Rock on them..which I would do before I used a Dominique..

Hi wyandotte breeders and lovers! I'm looking into getting some good breeding (or exhibition) quality Wyandotte eggs to hatch out in my new incubator and I'm wondering if there is any temperment difference between the Wyandotte color varieties. I love BLRWs (who doesn't!?) but they seem quite hard to breed correctly yet and thinking about going with SLWs, but I know hatchery SLWs can be very nasty, so wondering if quality ones are different. Thanks!

from what I myself have had hatchery were by far worst in temperment then any breeder stock.
With that said I have had a few sweet temperment hatchery ones.
I sold all my hatchery stock just after having 1 breeder Wyandotte

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom