The Wyandotte Thread

Quote:
Did you go to www.feathersite.com? Their color is similar to an orpington but with the distinctive wyandotte shape and rose comb. A buff orpington should have looser feathers all over and a single comb.

I'm looking for a Buff COLUMBIAN Wyandotte. I've searched quite a bit and can't seem to locate a picture of one.

Quote:
Did you go to www.feathersite.com? Their color is similar to an orpington but with the distinctive wyandotte shape and rose comb. A buff orpington should have looser feathers all over and a single comb.

I'm looking for a Buff COLUMBIAN Wyandotte. I've searched quite a bit and can't seem to locate a picture of one.

Sorry about that. My eye jumped over the whole description. I confess I'm not up on my bantam wyandotte colors.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Hi, everyone. I have large Partridge Wyandottes, which have been a struggle, but we're looking up for next year! After a few years of only moderate breeding (I was in Mexico--managing from several thousand miles away is a trick), I had about 4 hens and 2 roosters left, but we got some decent chicks last fall and this spring. I even have some extra roos (not too surprising when your ratio is something like 22:8). Please check out my site and pics and let me know what you think! I'm taking 5 to Shawnee. Is anyone else going?

https://sites.google.com/site/triangleacrespoultry/

Rudy

IMG_0950.JPG

Last edited:
Alright time to show off the UGLY!
gig.gif
lau.gif

Ladies and Gentleman, this is not how your Wyandottes should look, and especially not how your Silver Laced Wyandottes should look. . . Let me present to you, the stock of Murray McMurray. (Or any other hatchery.)

Just showin' them off to really get a good look at the sharp contrast of good birds, and, umm, my birds. I've LOVE to have some of Katy's Silver Laced birds on my property to show them side by side, but I have a feeling Wyandottes won't be on my shopping list anytime soon. I'm a little cramped already with plans for spring.

Sky

5216381271_a023e20237_z.jpg

5216968268_70b0025aa7_z.jpg

Lilac

4399998077_ca03bfb67f_o.jpg

5216968668_de129fc85d_z.jpg

Red

4400764374_aec99409ed_o.jpg

Umber

4400763794_fb22e73500_o.jpg

Orange

4399998245_b30cea1195_o.jpg

Oh and, of course, hatchery type Wyandottes (at least mine) tend to have poor temperament. First they're very gang-like, then they're just plain to themselves. Not very people friendly.

Back
Top Bottom