The Wyandotte Thread

We had a "CROW OFF" this morning. I am so excited. (feels like when your baby takes it's first steps). My barred rock crows all the time. He went to crow, and we heard a horrible squaaaak echo behind it. I have two golden laced wyandotte roosters. One of them has discovered he can crow. It sounds like when my teenage boys had their voices start changing. It was weak and akward, and I couldn't be more proud.

We have called one of our young boys Punch, as in Punch and Judy. As he is new to crowing and doesn't know the tune or lyrics yet he sounds like Punch saying 'That's the way to do it!'

I was at the Illini Poultry Show this weekend and Lou Horton had some really nice Wyandottes there in the show area. He also had some in the sale are, but it was amazing the difference in size type and coloring between the two, not saying anything against him it just goes to show the difference between a breeders' breeder birds and the ones they sell.

Don't paint with too broad a brush. What you saw was the difference between one breeder's birds and the ones they sell. On more than one occasion I have sold a bird only to lose to it at a later show. I know others who have sold birds that went on to be show winners. Not every one has the same mindset as the seller you mentioned.

Newbie here so please forgive if this is asked a million times. Does this look like a blue or black BLRW?
Any thoughts appreciated

Back
Top Bottom