The Wyandotte Thread

100_2717_zps9367a609.jpg

100_2718_zps83a02ae9.jpg

These are my 2 5 month old girls, how are they looking for coloring etc.? :yesss: - I hope

Last edited:
100_2713_zps9cd762e4.jpg

100_2709_zpsfc45c877.jpg

Both roo's are 5 months old but the 1st picture of the GL has a smaller comb then the BLR roo, is that normal for the different colors within the breed? I'll put pictures tomorrow of their entire bodies :cool:

Last edited:
ok here's a puzzle for you more experienced wyandotte folk...
i have 3 BLRW chicks, 2 decent sized, 1 considerably smaller. i took a close-up of their heads to see if anyone can tell me M/F and such...

the smallest is on the right... does that look like a rose or pea comb to you? color wise it's identical to the one next to it (so far). they all hatched out ... um.. about 3 weeks ago or so. i don't have my sheet with hatch dates right here. and i think concensus was right, the left one is a splash. the others i think are black, but maybe dark blue. i can't quite tell yet.

my guess now, is splash is pullet, middle cockerel, right pullet (but falls under the 'what the ...' heading i think)
here's another pic i did of them last week, in reverse order (smallest, darkest, splash)

Serious Problem with my blue Wyandottes.

There will be an extremely graphic image below.

My blue wyandottes vent looks as so.
She didn't lay, and she has been pooping, what's wrong? :( Please message me.
Maddy

Back
Top Bottom