THEIVES!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by lizardz, Jul 9, 2008.

1. lizardz

lizardz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    So I went out to give my girls some fresh, cool water,. Given how hot it is, I thought they could use the relief. As I headed out the door, I grabbed a piece of pizza. I'm out there filling up their water pans, when one of my EEs comes running over, jumps up, grabs the pizza practically out of my mouth and takes off running like you wouldn't believe! I didn't even have time to react before she was gone around the corner, with the rest of the flock chasing her. Nasty, ungrateful, theif chickens. By the time I got around the corner, there were only a couple small bits being fought over. I think maybe they're not chickens - maybe weasels with feathers? Be warned - they can and will turn on you in a heartbeat! (especially when food's involved [​IMG] )
    Liz

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    THAT is too funny. I wish I coulda seen that.

3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    omg I can just picture that now [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    That would have been a great video!

Note to self: Never turn your face toward a chicken with food hanging from your mouth.

5. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I think they haven't forgotten their raptor nature. Mine are like tiny monsters attacking anything with animal fat in it.

6. 2manyhats

2manyhats Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Central NY
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. ruby

ruby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Gold Hill, Alabama
    It wasn't her fault!! She was out of her mind with heat and smoke in eyes!

8. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    You don't have any "house chickens" ..do you? [​IMG]

[​IMG] <--- Benjamin, when I am eating something he likes ..or he thinks he might like

The other two just jump up in my lap and take whatever I have ..right off my plate or out of my mouth! [​IMG]

Gotta love the little thieves!! [​IMG]

9. goldensunriseranch

goldensunriseranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Must be in the breed! I have an Ameraucana who is a pizza freak! Has no qualms about taking it (or anything else in reach) right out of my kid's hands. And it must be a hen thing, my roos don't dare. LOL

10. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    You scared the bejeebes out of me!! I thought for sure you meant your chickies were gone. Whew glad it was only pizza, the nasty greedy little boogers. Jeez....we go out to sustain them, and they take our food right out for under us.

Hope you still have power cuz there is a fire on Auburn Rd. and tons are without. Take care.. Suz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by