Themed "Block of the Month" Sign-Up for June

Gin!! You have some HenriKnitta fabric!! She is the cutest!!!Sew that block together girl, it's perfect!! Great job!! And thanks CW on the encouragement but I am not stressing out over a &6%# quilt block again so I will just cheerlead for ya'll next month! I don't want to make big ole loose stitches with the paper piecing and I don't want to have to pull all the paper out and all that cutiing is too much trouble so I know already that paper piecing is not gonna be anything I'll end up doing, I'll just piece the old fashioned way, I am getting better with it anyway.....but thank you, I'm also not interested in those hard as heck blocks those of you that like a challenge do!! .....getting my cheerleader pompoms now!!!!

Quote:
Well, Gin.....for starters you can send that block to me.
ya.gif

Now Acre you just behave yourself girl !!!!!!!!!!!!!
rant.gif

You can't have every block you see !!!!!!!!!!!
ep.gif

Just send it on to me and I will take care of it for you ginbart.
love.gif
bow.gif

And why not?!?!?!?!
gig.gif

Quote:
Scrambled.....you ain't gonna have loose stitches with that machine you have and this patterns isn't poaper pieced, it has the old fashioned template that you print out.....boy am I gonna have a time with that.....come on Scram, you can do it.....at least give it a try. YOu can't just walk away and not even give it a chance...............Pweese!!!!! try it.

And also, it's only as hard as you want it to look. So put down ya pom poms girl.....we ain't in high school anymore
smile.png

I am not sure if ya all was looking at the same page as me but I printed both of them off and they are not Paper Pieced and they do not have a template. They are cut with a rotary cutter and are not that hard from the looks of it. But they look tough at a glance.

Scrambled you got that new rotary cutter and mat coming it would be a good way to learn how to use them. Sometimes if we try them they are just not as hard as we think they are.

Maybe you could try it first and then sign up if you didn't think it was too hard. You know if you don't sign up for it that when the pictures start coming you are not going to be happy with yourself for not getting one of these blocks. And I will really miss seeing one from you because lets face it girl you got style.

I have to say I agree with you on the paper piecing. I liked how it went together but not pulling the paper off. I read after I made mine to make the stitches smaller so the paper came off easier. Oh well guess I should of read first sewed later.

Also I am learning a scant 1/4 inch is better than the 1/4 inch.

I have only to put my legs and eye on my BYCvillie chicken blocks and then I am all caught up and will just have the themed for July and what I sign up for in July so who knows I may just get the rest of the stuff on my list done if everyone would just stop adding to my list of to do stuff.

Have a good day and Scrambled I sure hope you will think it over and decide to join us for the July Themed swap.

Oh, its part paper piecing......when I seen "click here for templates" I assumed that was the old fashion templates.

Scrambled....give it a shot.....you'll be dissapointed if you don't.
smile.png

If it helps.....I have troubles doing the rotary cutting of blcoks without templates.....O.K. there.....my secret is out!!!
gig.gif

Ok went back and yes the second one has some paper piecing. So has it been decided which one we will be doing for July?

Sorry had to edit as I was spelling like a yooper.

Last edited:
I think it will be "Birds of Paradise" (the second one) but that is up to CW as she picked the block for July.

Zoo....would you like to be on the list for one who pick the blocks. You can pick Octobers block if you'd like.

Ok I will take October. Wow the presure LOL. I will make sure it is a block that Scrambled would like to do. OH the choices LOL. Good thing I got 4 months to think that one over LOL. Wonder how many times I will change my mind.

Acres you are the expert on paper piecing so what type of paper would be the best to use for this. I am thinking the reason I might of had so much trouble taking off the paper might be that my paper was just too thick. Oh for the days of the type writer when you could get paper as thin as an onion skin. Remember trying to fix a mistake with that paper LOL. I also think if I shorten the stitches that might just help with the tearing.

Are you planning on starting a new thread for the next one or will you be keeping this one? I have to remember to look for the new threads as I haven't had much time to browse here of late. And it is all because of everyone adding to my to do list. I have to start adding to that list myself LOL

Quote:
You can trace the patterns onto the paper that the men at the meat markets use. Or you can trace it on tissue paper (I haven't tried this yet, so I'm not sure how sturdy it would be.). I would go to a meat market and ask to buy som of their paper and trace it on there. YOu can also use regular computer paper but buy the least weight paper.

Yes, I will be adding a new list after the 25th of June.

Last edited:
Oh gee!! I am going to be forced to do paper piecing..oh noooooo...

I'll try but I may have to join SE and I am an experienced quilter!!but man I have a block with pp

( I can do it..I can do it..I can do it.........)

Back
Top Bottom