Theoretically if someone wanted to incubate a few emus just for fun, how hard are they to rehome?

danceswithronin

Crowing
May 24, 2018
Alabama
I think it would be really fun to hatch out some emu chicks just for laughs, but I obviously can't keep emus in a backyard setting in the suburbs. My neighbors already half think I'm a lunatic.

Are they difficult to find homes for? I wouldn't be looking to make a profit selling them or anything, just thought the experience would be cool and that my little nephews would enjoy helping me hatch "dinosaur" eggs. :p

What you could do, and what others have done, is find homes for however many emus you plan to hatch out BEFORE you hatch. Advertise on craigslist and other common sources and find good homes for them in the area, then id say hatch away. Be sure to make sure everyone understands that 100% hatch rates are not common and there may be an egg or two that does not hatch. And in that instance there would be someone who wouldn't then receive an emu.:jumpy
Cheers :bun

I want to do ostrich eggs. My grandfather incubated them and raised them when I was growing up. It was an amazing experience and one I'll never forget. He sold some of the eggs to local restaurants and some of the birds were also sold locally for meat.

Back
Top Bottom