There here there here!

crazyhen

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
mtns of ,NC.
Today I received the 25 buff opps. I actually received 26. One was very weak. It struggled to move so I helped it to get to the water and food. It ate a little but then calapsed. Poor little thing. It was smaller than the others. It also looked slightly different. The head was a shade darker than the body. Strange little one. It had legs that were more a pale yellowish color. I held it as it breathed its last and i rubbed it gently. It had been smothered by the others in transit but the feed store man thought it might make it. Sad little chick. And sad me. Why do we always cry over the one lost?
I kept 7 of the others and the man who wanted the others came and got them. Now they have more room in the brooder and it seems so quiet with just them.
Boy, do those little critters eat and drink. They ate over a 1/2 of a qt of food and drank 1/2 gallon of electrolyte solution and sugar water. I won't take pictures tonight they have been through a tough 3 days since birth I am sure. At least 2 days maybe more in transit. After me being so on edge these days with worry for them when they did not come. I thought I would let everyone know. jean

computer broken, forgive the inability to sometimes make it capitalize anything...

yay, babies! you always feel for those you lose, even if it was just nature, or accident.

i'm glad they came. WAiting is hell isn't it?

Those are some of the longest two and three day periods ever.

we expect pictures.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom