There Here!!!!

ilovechickens

Songster
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
West Central Wisconsin
After a disasterous day yesterday of trying to do the right thing and help my hen hatch her eggs only to have one die, and I checked on her last night I could hear the chicks peeping. This AM when I went out there was a little peep nestled by his/her mama, the little chick blended in and I checked the other egg under her, and it was 3/4 hatched. Believe you me I will leave it be. I will try to get pictures and send them along. I want to thank all of you for your great responses to posts. It is very very helpful to first time hatchers even to us who do it the old fashion way. Patience is not one of my virtues, but after yesterday, I will really work on it. The First chick is "Fire Cracker" because it was hatched yesterday, and the second one will be "Doodle Bug".
jumpy.gif

Congratulations!!!

You did not do it the old fashioned way, you did it nature's way. Those hen's do a great job and they require no artificial energy source. They are amazing. My Father who would have been 81 this year always told me stories about his Mom having a build just for the sitting moms. He said at peak time, she would have 10 or more hen's in there in their own private nest brooding.

Back
Top Bottom