Theres a bobcat, no it's a fox and...

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by zazouse, Mar 27, 2012.

1. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    I was out burning dead trees , which i do alot and my DH said hey there's a bobcat and pointed to where the birds were making a fuss as i looked up i saw a pretty little fox pop it's head up from behind a clump of grass and summed the dogs that were with me and got them on him/her when it saw the dogs coming it jumped up from behind the brush and i saw a hot pink caller around it's neck. [​IMG].

Don't know what to do about the critter, can't imagine someone turning one loose like this in farming community.

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Live trap? check of address on collar if there is one- from outside the cage... or a microchip and return it once-

3. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    If i live trap it i have one dog that will distroy the trap to get to it ,she can't catch the fox unless she gets the drop on it but in a box type trap it's as good as dead.
    hopefully it will stay away after being persured by 5 dogs, wild critters don't bother non of my birds because i go dogs everywhere, I am concerned that this critter is gonna cause problems and i am gonna have to shoot it cause it was clearly after a chicken.

I don't like shooting critters as a matter a fact the only wild critter i ever had to shoot was a sickly red wolf in my goat barn about 11 years ago , i have always had plent of working dogs here to keep things safe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by