There's a man in my yard, killing my chickens!

chickensducks&agoose

Songster
11 Years
Aug 28, 2008
New England.. the cold part.
I am paying him to do it. I had him show me the evisceration part (i couldn't handle the killing, or the plucking)... and it was neat/gross. He cut a hole at the butt end, and then pretty much used his hand to pull everything out, and told me what each part was. Wow those intestines are long, and the gizzard was big too. and the blue thing? he said it was a gallbladder. I can't wait until he's finished and I can bleach the crap out of my hose... he used it, and touched icky blood, and then touched it again. LOTS of bleach will be used to make the hose a thing I can use again. Anyway, he's a nice guy, and if anyone in the vermont areas of Barre, Randolph, Braintree, brookfield, williamstown, etc. wants his number, PM me, he does a good job, and is kind to the animals too. $3 a pop.

Oh wow! I just butchered 29 chickens with my sister for my mom... I did it for free. Its not that hard really. Bloody yes! But oh its the best meat. She had the slow growing red broilers this time. What are you getting butchered?

we did 60 duel purpose roosters 2 years ago and swore we would never do it again.
So we are lucky as there is a process plant a mere 10 mins away and its $2.50 a bird including the meat inspector bit - shame they dont vac pac there

Back
Top Bottom