"There's a Peacock in the woods! Wake up!"

Kedreeva

Longfeather Lane
13 Years
Jun 10, 2010
Michigan
I thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

Last night I am just about asleep, it's well past midnight, and my mom bursts into my room.

"DID YOU BRING HOME A PEACOCK??"

What?
idunno.gif
Of course I didn't bring home a peacock, where on earth would I have gotten a peacock on a Friday between going to work, coming home for chores, and going out for my regularly scheduled Friday dinner with the nerd herd? Well, she's insisting there's a peacock in the backyard, they can hear it honking, so I had better go check it out. So I get up, put on some real clothes and shoes, and grab a flashlight.

Outside, it's silent. My dad joins me with another flashlight, and sits by to grimly say "Just wait for it."

Well, after waiting for it, I make the peacock "HELP!" call (quietly), and out in the woods, we hear some crashing around, and then something that is almost certainly a screen owl, which is answered by a debarked dog down the street
roll.png
Neither of which sound anything like a peacock.

I love my parents but sometimes.... I think they just need actual peacocks
big_smile.png

Oh, I was waiting for the story to end that there was a peacock. People know we love animals and are always dropping their dogs and cats off in the middle of the night like I'm a rescue
barnie.gif
I thought maybe someone knew how you love your peas and gave it a good home.

Back
Top Bottom