There's something wrong with my ducky!

MotherDucker82

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2021
I have 3 cyuga ducks, all 3 months old. 2 of them have all their feathers on their tummy's, but my other one does not. Instead, he has lots of down, no feathers, just down, only on his stomach. I can't find anything on the internet about it.

IMG_20210612_100255.jpg
IMG_20210612_100307.jpg

Even my 1 1/2 month old ducklings have feathers on their bellies. I tried to get some alright pictures, but he's a wiggly one.

Attachments

• IMG_20210612_100237.jpg
    IMG_20210612_100237.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 3
That’s strange. But if he’s eating good and acting like the others maybe he just needs more time. Protein is what helps feathers so maybe add some mealworms to their treats daily. And a snuck handful to this one? If the pic of the whole body is the same duck, it sure looks healthy.

Yes, same duck. Thank you for the advice. We seem to have a problem with protein! At the begining (these were our very first ducks ever), this same duck begun to have weird wings, and when we found out it was angel wing, it was too late to fix. I will go out and buy some mealworms today then!

A member some years back posted about one of her ducks having angel wing and since it was too late to fix the first time . She waited until first molt and wing feathers started growing in again then she wrapped and it worked. It sure is worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom