1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

thermometer and humidity!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Fancy Feather Poultry, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Heres a link at K-mart I might buy this ....But if I put this my bator will it tell me the humidty and temperature, my other thermometer is all messed up and I am planning to get a digital one. Wasn't shure how this worked maybe one of you know!. I think what you do is put this in the incubator and where it says indoor that the temperature and humidity in the incubator.

All help is very apperciated!

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_...1P?vName=Tools+&+Outdoors&keyword=thermometer

2. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    The last person you should be taking advice from is me, who thought a piece of dust was a pip. That looks a bit big and might have a lot of features you don't need. About a week or so into my first bunch of eggs i went out and bought this:

http://www.petco.com/product/14241/Fluker-s-All-New-Digital-Display-Thermo-Hygrometer.aspx

It's a Fluker's digital thermometer/hygrometer used for reptile tanks. Once i put it in my incubators, i saw my temps were way too low. i had been using those tiny thermometers that came with the bators.

It's nice to just peek in and quickly see the temp and humidity. i have my second batch of eggs due to hatch soon, so i guess that will be the true test.

3. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    I got something similar at Home Depot, but it just has humidity and temp--it was only $7.00

4. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    those accurite ones are awesome...if i wasnt so cheap i would buy one!

5. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
  6. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I only paid $ 12.00 for my accurite at Walmart. It has a probe for a second outside temp reading. Some people place that probe in a water weasel for a reading that simulates the inside of an egg. It is pretty large, not problem if you don't plan to load your incubator. I would choose the Flukers over the accurite if It was me. They are designed to be in the type of environment we have in incubators. I imagine the mechanics are the same in all these instruments but there may be tolerence levels that make a difference.

7. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Yup, check your local stores. They are always cheaper than the online store. Although I did pay $19.95 for our Accurites at Walmart, so it may depend on where you live too for price differences.

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by