thermometer and humidity!

Fancy Feather Poultry

Cooped Up
12 Years
May 30, 2007
Heres a link at K-mart I might buy this ....But if I put this my bator will it tell me the humidty and temperature, my other thermometer is all messed up and I am planning to get a digital one. Wasn't shure how this worked maybe one of you know!. I think what you do is put this in the incubator and where it says indoor that the temperature and humidity in the incubator.

All help is very apperciated!

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_...1P?vName=Tools+&+Outdoors&keyword=thermometer

The last person you should be taking advice from is me, who thought a piece of dust was a pip. That looks a bit big and might have a lot of features you don't need. About a week or so into my first bunch of eggs i went out and bought this:

http://www.petco.com/product/14241/Fluker-s-All-New-Digital-Display-Thermo-Hygrometer.aspx

It's a Fluker's digital thermometer/hygrometer used for reptile tanks. Once i put it in my incubators, i saw my temps were way too low. i had been using those tiny thermometers that came with the bators.

It's nice to just peek in and quickly see the temp and humidity. i have my second batch of eggs due to hatch soon, so i guess that will be the true test.

I only paid $ 12.00 for my accurite at Walmart. It has a probe for a second outside temp reading. Some people place that probe in a water weasel for a reading that simulates the inside of an egg. It is pretty large, not problem if you don't plan to load your incubator. I would choose the Flukers over the accurite if It was me. They are designed to be in the type of environment we have in incubators. I imagine the mechanics are the same in all these instruments but there may be tolerence levels that make a difference.

Yup, check your local stores. They are always cheaper than the online store. Although I did pay $19.95 for our Accurites at Walmart, so it may depend on where you live too for price differences.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom