Thermometer in the coop

mg15

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 22, 2012
We were at Bogaars in Council Bluffs IA, they sold a digital thermometer to place in the coop, and we have the main thermometer in the house.

So we can see the temperature and humidity in the coop without having to go outside into the coop. There is a heater in the coop, so if the temperature drops the heater kicks on.
Last nite I had a feeling something was wrong in the coop, so we checked the temperature reading on the thermometer in the house and it said 32 degrees in the coop.

That told me the heater had been knocked over. It was knocked over but we knew it right away.
I have a deathly fear of waking up to finding frozen chickens in the coop. I am obsessed with it.
There are 2 big hens in their, which I don't worry about, but also, 5 twelve week olds and 10 seven week olds.

mg

Hello. I'd love to have something like this for this winter. Could you tell me the name/make/model so I can google it?

Thank you.

Chris,
What range do you have the sensor at. I find the units we purchased for the house (accurate and Oregon scientific). The range states 100', but once you throw a wall in there it drops to about 20.

I purchased one from Menards, I believe the brand is Lacross, and it says good to 100'. It's been working for me for the past month at about 50' without any problems.

Back
Top Bottom