1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

thermometer inside coop recommendations

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by iPeanut1990, Mar 8, 2015.

1. iPeanut1990

iPeanut1990 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2014
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    The digital wireless thermometer I got for my coop last year has stopped working and never seemed accurate anyway. Looking for a good reliable replacement. Suggestions? I was thinking about getting something like this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030SZ4P0...TF8&colid=1558KFK56WQ2C&coliid=I2G1ORNE7MNYF7 although it would be nice to not have to go out to the coop to look what the temp/humidity is. I'm just not sure how I feel about wireless thermometers anymore. I want whatever I end up with to be as reliable as possible. I'm in Oklahoma so I also want to be sure the humidity is okay or if I need to adjust things. What should the humidity inside the coop be anyway?

2. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    I have two La Crosse wireless digital thermometers I use for my outdoor brooders. Mine are pretty accurate + or - 1* deg I tested them when I first got them with the sensor and the monitor only 5 feet apart. I have been using the same ones for a couple years but, I do have to replace the batteries in them when it stops reading outdoor temp. Then I pull the batteries from the monitor and put new batteries in the sensor, then batteries back into the monitor and they sync and are good to go again. You have to read what the distance range is because some are good for 80' and some for 300' and the more walls it has to go through shortens the range.

3. iPeanut1990

iPeanut1990 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2014
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Thank you! :) I'll look into that brand!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by