Thermostat/hydrometer

Jaimes09

Songster
Sep 6, 2021
I bought a acurite humidity monitor that displays temperature as well. Last night i seen it had gone up from 42 to 50 then to 60 in the morning which is to high. I opened it up and didn’t see water. Y’all think the acurite went bad or could it be reading correctly?

Is it new? Might be damp from where ever it was I would leave it and check in a few days in my bator i dont add water until lockdown as it draws moisture from the room and usually is at 20-30%

Which incubator are you using?

Small ones are a little harder to control the humidity in than a bigger one so that sounds possible in a smaller one if you have water in the incubator. If you don't have water in there, the readings are way off, and should be around half of that as poultrybonkers says.

Which incubator are you using?

Small ones are a little harder to control the humidity in than a bigger one so that sounds possible in a smaller one if you have water in the incubator. If you don't have water in there, the readings are way off, and should be around half of that as poultrybonkers says.
Yeah its small its the HT-12, i went and got thermometer changed and bout an extra one. One reads 99 with 50% and the other 95 with 50% humidity. Not sure which one to believe

That's your problem digital thermometer and hygrometers will always give you different and inaccurate readings. Go get analog instruments that you can calibrate yourself before each hatch so much more reliable.
Yeah it’s my first time with the incubator and the 2 digital thermometers were the quickest ones to get. I’ll try to find the instruments after these 3 hatch

Back
Top Bottom