THESE DIRECTIONS SUCK!! I NEED HELP!

Yes, darlin', you have to put water in the bottom of those styrofoam bators--that's why those slots are there--and that's where your humidity comes from.

Trust me, I've done this a few times
wink.png

if you lift the wire from the bottom you will see little cut out chanels. in the middle do not put water in all chanels, Fill the middle channel about half full of water put wire mesh floor back in and then put thermometer and hydrometor in and close bator. Let bator run for a couple of hours and adjust temp till you get it stable. Tomorrow if humidity is about 40 and temp is stable lay eggs on side on wire mess. Make sure you put your thermometer on top of eggs or top of egg height. close bator. Do not make any temp adjustment for at least a few hours takes time to heat up inside of egg. then adjust temp if need be. For the next 18 days turn eggs at least twice a day and dont add water to bator till humidity drops to twenty five then only add a teapoon at a time wait and hour to see how high it comes up.dont let the humidity go higher then 40. If in the hight thirties great if not add another teaspoon full and wait again. Then dont add water till it drops to twenty five again. The last three days raise humidity to about 57 to 58 stop turning eggs. close bator and do not open it again till hatch is over. Do not remove chicks and you can add water when needed through your vent plug holes with a staw or syringe. If you need extra water to get your humidity where you need it the last three days add sponge under vent hole and use straw to put it in. Also for the first eighteen days take both red plugs out of the top of bator. this lets the humidity in your room run through the bator as well.

Hey, sit down and relax. There is really no big hurry to get the eggs in the incubator. Toss the 2 busted eggs, turn the upside down one over and let them rest.
Grab a beverage or something. Read the instructions through a couple of times. If your sis is there try reading them out loud to each other while looking at and touching the incubator. It aint rocket science lol. Most of us started right where you are.
Let the incubator come up to temp and see where its at. When the red light is on the heating element is on, when the thermostat cycles off the light goes off.
One thing about this model incubator, the adjusting knob is very very sensitive. You just barely want to move it to make an adjustment. It is very easy to overshoot your goal. Take your time though and you will get it right. You can do it!
db

The incubator will stabilize so long as the room temp doesn't change alot.

Personally I found if the humidity went below 40% the air sacs got too big and the chicks had trouble hatching. I definitely wouldn't let it get down near 25%. I keep mine about 40-45. Maybe 35 but no lower and no higher than 50%. If you don't have a humidity gauge just fill the middle water channel. Whether you fill it half or full doesn't actually make much difference. Humidity goes up based on how much surface area of water is in contact with the air. Making it deeper does not impact humidity a significant amount. To raise humidity you need to raise surface area by filling more channels not just the depth in one channel. If you want to keep humidity low you need to fill smaller channels not just make the water shallower.

‚»‚Ì“¯—l‚È“Ç ‘“ú–{‚ÌŽ·•M B Ž„‚̓hƒA‚ðˆê“xŽæ•t‚¯‚½ AŽ„‚ÍŽwŽ¦‚Ì“ª•”‚
00a9.png
”ö‚ð ì‚邱‚Æ‚ª‚Å‚«‚È‚
00a9.png
‚Á‚½ B

Back
Top Bottom