They act like they are starving to death (feeding enough?)

Even tho I only have 3 hens, I always give them two of everything. Whichever feed box Big Bird is eating out of the other two use the other feedbox, when big bird wanders over to them (just in case they have something different) , they just move to her feed box, and they keep doing this. They seem to get along fine, as they seem to know where they stand and accept this.
In the uk it is not (legally) permitted to give table scaps to chickens. For their treats, I give them a jam sandwich soaked in hot water with lettuce on the top. Or oats with hot water, with some corn, They love yoghurt too. I could watch them for hours. Never fail to amuse. Enjoy.

Even tho I only have 3 hens, I always give them two of everything. Whichever feed box Big Bird is eating out of the other two use the other feedbox, when big bird wanders over to them (just in case they have something different) , they just move to her feed box, and they keep doing this. They seem to get along fine, as they seem to know where they stand and accept this.
In the uk it is not (legally) permitted to give table scaps to chickens. For their treats, I give them a jam sandwich soaked in hot water with lettuce on the top. Or oats with hot water, with some corn, They love yoghurt too. I could watch them for hours. Never fail to amuse. Enjoy.

You can't legally give your own chickens your own table scraps? Now I've heard everything!

Back
Top Bottom