1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

They already have their own personalities!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kittykorat, Sep 3, 2009.

1. kittykorat

kittykorat Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2009
    Central MA
    We just got the chickies on tuesday and I can already see a difference. They are starting to get little wing feathers.

..and wow, do they poop a LOT!

This week Mypetchicken.com is having a special- 25 EE, Barred Rocks, RIR, or assorted pullets for $41.50, free shipping! What a deal!! If I hadn't ordered last week I SO would have done the asst pullets!...

I LOVE the EE's. They are the sweetest. They have the cutest puffy cheeks, but they don't have slate/greenish legs..
    The Wyandotte is the biggest, and has HUGE orange feet. compared to the others.
    The austrolorpe is the smallest. She had pasty butt yesterday. Thank goodness David noticed! He said "Mom, I don't want to pick up the Austrolorpe, it's trying to poop"
    I was like.."huh?" I picked it up, and sure enough it had dried poop on it's bum, and was trying to poop. So I cleaned it up w/ a warm wet paper towel. It peeped as loud as it could, poor thing! But after a few minutes it pooped... Seems fine today.
    The white rock is a bit flighty. Peeps like it's being killed if the kids pick it up, then they hand her to me and she settles down.

But all the EE's are SO calm. I'm impressed. I wouldn't mind a whole flock of them...
    Wish I had an acre or more....

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Don't you LOVE Easter Eggers?! The green eggs are fun, too. Very nice birds. Want to show us some pictures?

3. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    I am with you, EE's are my favorite! We need pictures of your sweet babies!!!!!!![​IMG]

4. kittykorat

kittykorat Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2009
    Central MA
  5. Kieyamama

Kieyamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2009
    NorCal
    Yup, my EE's are the sweetest lil' babies too! I can pick them up and they'll snuggle down in my palm and fall asleep.

One of my EE's is always guzzling the water...first to find it too. We're calling her gatorade. A friend of mine suggested calling her 'Lush'. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by