They are feathering out (pics)

Steve

Ye Olde Henhouse Builder
13 Years
Feb 18, 2008
Eaton County, Michigan
First time chicken owner here.......

It amazes me how quickly these have changed in just two weeks.

Here they are the day I brought them home.

100_3836.jpg

And this mornings picture of them.

100_3844.jpg

Since I forgot to ask the store where I bought them how old they were then...anyone want to tell me how old they think they are now?

The Isa Browns are incredibly friendly, they meet me at the door and loved to be petted....they puff their chests out and want me to pet them, some jumping in front of the other in a "me first" type of display. The buffs and ameracaunas seem to be very shy right now, I hope that changes.

I think I got one white rock(?) by accident, it must have jumped in with the Isa Browns when I picked them out....no matter I am happy to have it too.

I am also getting concerned they will be getting crowded soon.

Awwwww they are so cute, and they look well taken care of. I was thinking that if I need a large amount of space, I would go and buy one of those kiddie pools, of course you would have to fashion a fence around it and cover on top afterward.

This is just a guess but they look to be about 4 weeks to me. My chicks are almost two weeks and look like your top picture right now. I'm no expert though.
smile.png

I noticed your white one has green legs, so it would be an Easter Egger. Cute Chicks

Back
Top Bottom