They are growing up fast.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Bantymama, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    My Ameraucanas are growing so fast. They are 3 weeks old and doing great. Out of 11 shipped eggs i got 8 to hatch and ended up with 3 blues and 5 blacks. I noticed 1 blue has only one eye but does great. I don't like to rush time but i can't wait for my first blue egg.

[​IMG]

2. line-rat

line-rat Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2007
    west central ohio
    i had 18 hatching eggs. 9 hatched out. they are a little skidish at 3 weeks old. i am working with them though. i still like my Buckeyes best of all.

3. krstms

krstms MO Hick Chick

Sep 23, 2009
    Missouri
    Awww! They are so cute! [​IMG] I guess these would be considered my grandchickies. lol I am so glad they are doing well for you. I've never had a chick hatch without an eye. That's so sad for the little guy. I'm glad to hear it's doing well. I see some long tails in the picture. Looks like you have a few pullets in there for sure. Can you tell yet what they all are? I ended up with only two living. I have one pullet and one roo as far as I can tell. THe little roo is getting some copper feathers around his neck. The one I think is a pullet has all black feathers and a longer tail. Just like you I cant hardly wait for those dark brown eggs. I'll post some pics here in a little bit so you can see your "grandchickies". OUt of the andalusians I hatched at the same time I have four living, 2 pullets and 2 roos. I'll post a pic of them too.

4. krstms

krstms MO Hick Chick

Sep 23, 2009
    Missouri
    Here they are. These are not the best pictures as it was late evening and starting to get dark.

Here's the two maran's together
    [​IMG]

Here you can see the copper on the boys chest
    [​IMG]

this is a picture of them with a bunch of others. Some are EE's, some Ameraucanas, and some andalusians(there isnt anything in the gas jug-its just being stored here
    [​IMG]

And just for fun here is the only blue I've ever got to hatch out of a few different trys at hatching(he's a roo by the way-just crowed for the first time today)

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by