THEY ARE HATCHING!! (edited title from Is she broody w/out eggs?)

Quote:
Thanks! I found the stinkeye thread and posted her there too
big_smile.png

She left the nest for a little while today and went outside so I was worried that she might abandon it. No need to worry. After a good dust bath, lots of water and some food she was back to being mama hen.

Oh, and I now know what a "demented beach ball" looks like
wink.png

That darn, sneaky, little, broody hen - Cinnamon!!

We opened the coop to check on her a little while ago to find one of our other hens ON TOP of her laying an egg.

Now, we haven't been getting any eggs from a couple of hens that lay white eggs in the past week - very unusual... So I moved the hen that was on top and put her in a different box and checked under Cinnamon - 4 white eggs (she only received 1 fertile white egg).

I went to check after Lucky left the coop and there was not an egg in the other box...lifted Cinnamon again and now she has 5 WHITE EGGS!!!
duc.gif
The little egg stealer!!!

We currently have 2 dry, fluffy chicks and 2 that are half out of the shell!!!!

wee.gif

eta: Make that 4 fluffy chicks and 2 more hatching now!

Last edited:
Please post pics asap, I have my first broody which should be hatching in about a week
fl.gif
we candled her babies & saw movement in every one. I share your excitement
wee.gif
YAY!

You can find pictures on this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=529712

She
hatched 7 of 8 chicken eggs - the last egg being a complete dud, so she did great imo!

We are going to take the chicks this morning and move them to the brooder. I'm fearful that due to our set up and her being in the regular coop with the other girls that the other girls may kill the chicks. Plus she still has those 4 muscovy eggs under her and I think they need 3 or 4 more days...hoping that taking the chicks will have her continuing to set on those eggs
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom