They are here!♥️

Good broodies are a treasure! Keep offspring, it's an inherited trait. I think males inherit it and pass it on too, although i can't remember how it works. Maybe look it up?
Mary
You got that right! My broodys mama was a silkie and she was amazing and now her daughter is my current broody I use and shes the best ever. She's well mannered with me, protective with others, she waits for all eggs to hatch , she's never been violent towards her chicks or abandon them. My Alfa rooster I used to have which is her father was good about tending to the chicks while the Mama's at the time dusted or something. He would find the chicks food and protect them. He fathered my current broody and her mom was a silkie so she got the best of both I guess that's why she is how she is.

Any more chicks hatch yet @ashlierami ?
Not yet , but I think they will bust out soon. They are moving and chirping inside the eggs. I'm hoping tomorrow is the day. Mama took the 2 chicks she has already out for about 30 min then she came back and sat on the eggs that are waiting to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom