They are HERE!

Well you are in luck!

Well you are in luck!

O
Well you are in luck!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THOSE VIDEOS!❤❤❤Yes, I'm yelling, but in excitement, so pls forgive me! That video of the swan gave me quite the start when the mean old swan attacked! Did you get hurt? I sure hope not...I wanted to box his "ears!"😠
I am amazed your pair walks so calmly with you as if they were dogs on a leash! I bet you get curious stares...I know my daughter & I do when we walk our miniature horses, so you must get even more attention because it's not every day you see geese going for walks with their human!🥰

Last edited:
I am amazed your pair walks so calmly with you as if they were dogs on a leash! I bet you get curious stares...I know my daughter & I do when we walk our miniature horses, so you must get even more attention because it's not every day you see geese going for walks with their human!🥰
I have raised them as house geese from 5 days old so they're bonded to me - i'm daddy; They had their first birthday some time last month(maybe around the 20th of May?) I don't actually know when they hatched because i drove 180 miles to get them from the breeder.

They are also pretty good at crossing the road too and mostly listen to me when I ask them to stop before crossing, although, I tend to keep them away from places like that as much as I can. (you can see a picture of us in the pub in my avatar )

And yes, I get stopped Allllllllll Theeeeee Tiiiiiimeeee when we are on walkies - I mostly don't mind but short walks can turn into hours when you have people stop you every few feet. :D

I'm sure if you spend enough time with your new babies they will be pretty well behaved

That is an amazing story! Thank you for sharing you're experiences!

So far I've been able to hang out in the garden (I have a small cast iron table w 2 chairs inside the garden) and the ladies wandered over close to me, all the while keeping an eye on me. All yesterday they watched & followed (along the fenceline) what I was doing as I went about feeding the other farm animals. They grew up with a black lab around, so I've been slowly introducing my big white LGD, sitting on a bench in the middle of the yard with him (dog is named Loki) so they can. gradually get used to him. (He's known to all the other residents already!)
It's fun seeing their heads pop up when I go outside and talk to them ..even my non animal person son thinks they are beautiful & elegant!
I nearly forgot! Yesterday when I went out to feed in the morning, I didn't understand why the ladies were all in a tizzy, honking and carrying on. It finally dawned on me that it may be because of my fluorescent orange sweatshirt! To make sure that was it, I went back inside & changed. Yup...it was, for as soon as I went back outside, they were fine!🤷🏼‍♀️
😊 I could babble on all day, but will spare y'all & stop here!😉
God bless!
I have raised them as house geese from 5 days old so they're bonded to me - i'm daddy; They had their first birthday some time last month(maybe around the 20th of May?) I don't actually know when they hatched because i drove 180 miles to get them from the breeder.

They are also pretty good at crossing the road too and mostly listen to me when I ask them to stop before crossing, although, I tend to keep them away from places like that as much as I can. (you can see a picture of us in the pub in my avatar )

And yes, I get stopped Allllllllll Theeeeee Tiiiiiimeeee when we are on walkies - I mostly don't mind but short walks can turn into hours when you have people stop you every few feet. :D

I'm sure if you spend enough time with your new babies they will be pretty well behave

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom