They grow up sooooooooooooooo fast :(

mochicken

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
NW Missouri
I got my wife some BSL and RIR chicks in May and they were sooooooo cute, little fluffballs lol. My son and I would hold them for hours and then they started getting all independent and didnt want to cuddle anymore lol. They got to where they didnt want to be around me and wanted to do their own thing and now they are reverting back to the kid stage and wanting to chase me around like puppies lol, I think the fact that I carry treats with me when I go outside might have something to do with it
lol.png

I guess its just like our kids, when they are little and want to cuddle all the time we cant wait for them to get bigger so they can walk on their own then they get bigger and we just wish we could slow them down so we could cuddle them lol.

The Barred Rocks and Buff Orpingtons are now 14 weeks, the BSL's are 12weeks and the RIR's are 12 weeks, in that time we have figured out that Barred Rocks love to talk, BO's are hilarious when they run, RIR young roosters bite, and BSL chicks are evasive little creatures and will escape through holes a rat couldnt get through lol. All in all we have had a GREAT experience with the chicks and I wanted to thank you all for recommending the breeds to me when I was searching for advice and all of the great posts that got us through the beginning stages of keeping the chicks safe and their bellies full
big_smile.png
. All of the great advice on this site got me not only a good selection of chicks but I also got ideas of how to build a coop, feeders and waterer, illnesses they may incur, feed and water, and most importantly that "chicken math" will take you from 4 chicks to 2 dozen overnight because they are so cute lol.

Thank you all for your advice in raising our babies, we really appreciate it.

How does this
babychicks2.jpg

Become this? lol

photooof.jpg

afdaj.jpg

I know what you mean. My kids wanted to hatch new eggs as soon as our youngest one grew feathers. You have a very nice flock.
smile.png

My oldest (I feel like I'm talking about my real kids! lol) is 10 weeks old and I'm def ready for new chicks! They grow TOO fast!!! lol

Back
Top Bottom