They hatched!!!!!!! (doing a happy dance AND could use some pointers)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by birds4me, Mar 4, 2011.

1. birds4me

birds4me Chirping

Jan 22, 2011
    Minnesota
    I had 3 sebestopol goose eggs in my bator. I had candled all 3 eggs and all was good to go. [​IMG] Yesterday I could hear them peeping and 2 pipped! [​IMG] Woke up this morning to 2 BEAUTIFUL babies. [​IMG] (The 3rd died in the egg without pipping out [​IMG])

This was my very first time hatching goose eggs. I would have loved to have had all 3 hatch, but am please that I at least had success with 2.

I have them in the brooder in the house (yes I do start all babies in the house [​IMG] ) and seem to be doing well. They have both eaten a bit of non-medicated starter and have drank water. [​IMG] They are in with my recently hatched chicks and everyone is "getting along". I have had goose babies before, but none that I have hatched myself. I REALLY REALLY want these 2 cuties to make it. [​IMG] If any one has any helpful pointers or suggestions, PLEASE share!!!!

2. macdoogle

macdoogle Songster

Feb 11, 2010
    San Diego
    Congrats! It sounds like they're off to a good start. Sorry about the one that didn't make it. And... what's wrong with a brooder in the house? That's were mine have always been.[​IMG]

3. Silkie Sue

Silkie Sue Songster

Jun 23, 2007
    Sarnia, Ontario
    PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: