They killed my babies... and got away with it. :(

Oh my, your poor hen must be really confused and sad. I would ban that kid.... and be sure to tell the other kids about that bozos foolish mistake(no worse a punishment than your peers knowing that your a complete tool)....I used to work with teens once- it works every time! I am really sorry for you and your hen.

Quote:
I agree this sounds like theft plain and simple, I bet the father and the son knew somehow that the chicks were from show quality. You have been ripped off, file a police report.
rant.gif
somad.gif

Surely he wasn't so enormously stupid that he ATE them?
sickbyc.gif
And if he is that stupid, why are they letting him wander around without a keeper?
somad.gif
Or is he such a sociopath that he thinks of nothing but his own gratification? In which case, he needs to be locked up NOW!
somad.gif
And he should NEVER have been allowed around innocent animals, let alone feeding them!
somad.gif

somad.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif

Quote:
He was doing the weekend feeding, went into feed the chickens, and decided he could collect and eat the eggs... I agree dumb kid, I am getting even more and more ticked off now.

I don't even think breaking open eggs this late in the process should be legal... I mean they must of felt it... my chickens are Silkies, so they are pet and show chickens, which just makes it worse.

From now on, no eggs will be collected either then by the people who own chickens. And if they won't change the rules, my chickens are moving to the Jone's Center or my backyard--especially if I get the expensive show chicks I am looking at buying to cheer myself up.

No, no no.
I mean, the eggs were your private property. You can press charges for theft.

Well, everyone seems to be taking it like a joke.

"he was very surprised when he cracked open the egg, and a fully developed chick came out!"

I'm sure it was 'surprising' to see my baby fall out of it's shell and fall into a bowl dying painfully.

I even had names...

Moma's name is Ghost and dad is Governor

I was going to name the chicks, Gunther, Gadget, Galileo, Genie, and Gem, rest in peace
sad.png

Last edited:
I'm not taking it like a joke and I am sur eno one else is either. I really dont know what to say other then I am sorry this happened. Silkies are my favorite chicken
sad.png

I mean everyone at the farm... like the farmer and stuff. Everyone but me and the other person who lost their chicks.

I doubt they ate the chicks, but people who aren't familiar with chickens just as well could have thought that some of the eggs were 'good' and opened all of them.

You really should file a report, I doubt the police would do anything about it, but the ag instructor at the school should. Maybe the boy will be forced to pay restitution to you.

ETA: If you are unable to move your chickens, maybe next time you should post a sign saying that the hen is hatching, and not to disturb her?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom