They killed my babies... and got away with it. :(

I do agree that something should be done. However, the original poster said the teacher was notified and poster did not want to cause a big uproar, etc. That was when MY attitude changed.

I live by the motto: Either do something about it or stop complaining about it!

Just my $0.02.

Yes, but, and you probably know this, you would be better off to get some day old chicks and sneak them under her at night.

She will almost surely be out of the mood to set before the eggs hatch if you start her all over again.

I am sure you already know this, but just in case thought I should mention it.

5.gif

My attitude changed when I realized that the student was part of the AG program and that the different students were allowed to eat the eggs. The person who did the egg stealing has been described as slow, so I was not sure if he was aware of what eggs were available to eat. The OP also said that she talked to her teacher and was going through them.

What the other student did was wrong. But really, if an apology and possibly money is given for the egg, then this is a life lesson. The student that took the eggs needs to make some sort of restitution, but does not need to go to jail. As the OP's chickens were part of the program, they may not have understood.

Some posters on here have suggested that this kid DIE for doing this. Come on. Get real. Someone else on here suggested in a different post that the post office employees should die. Suggesting that a child or post office worker die, is crazy. It is unibomber talk. It is insane. As insane if not more than eating a baby chick. Though the thought of that is horrifying.

As a teacher, I don't wonder what is wrong with kids. I see lots of great kids. Still kids can make a mistake. If dealt with compassionately, fairly and with consequences, they can grow into great adults.

Last edited:
Quote:
Well if they weren't eaten, I still don't get why he didn't take them back to the farm or at least call and ask someone why there was a fully developed chick inside. I mean he really is stupid.

Quote:
Nothing. My mom doesn't really care. I am 16 you know, I am supposed to start resolving my own problems!

And FYI, he doesn't have a handicap, he is just stupid, that's it. He just isn't very bright.

Quote:
Well if they weren't eaten, I still don't get why he didn't take them back to the farm or at least call and ask someone why there was a fully developed chick inside. I mean he really is stupid.

Quote:
Nothing. My mom doesn't really care. I am 16 you know, I am supposed to start resolving my own problems!

And FYI, he doesn't have a handicap, he is just stupid, that's it. He just isn't very bright.

He may be smarter than you think. What people are saying is that he knows they come from fancy birds and he may have wanted his own. If he's as dumb as you say he is, then maybe his dad at least taught him how to seize an opportunity when it arrives.

Back
Top Bottom