They Stoped Laying, Y??

newchickens2009

Songster
12 Years
May 18, 2009
BAHAMAS
OK MY DOMONIQUE N EE HEN HAVEN'T LAYED AN EGG 4 OVER 2 WEKS NOW. I HAVEN'T CHANGED ANYTHING, THEY JUST STOPED! IS THIS NORMAL OR SHOULD I B CONCERNED?
hu.gif

mine are doing the same thing i was getting a dozen eggs a day and the past 2 weeks im only getting half a dozen a day i think the shorter days has them thrown off . i put a light with a timer comes on 4am and off at sunrise its been a week and still not back to laying capacity.
hmm.png
hmm.png

Thank You Both For The Respond. I Didn't Realize That They Would Be Thrown Off So Much By The Time Since It Changes Just A Little Everyday. But The Light On A Timer Sounds Like A Great Idea. Let Me Know If U Think It Gets Them Back On Track Please?

Mine have finished a month-long slow moult and are beautifully feathered for winter. I adjusted my timer yesterday to come on from 5 am - 8 am, and the birds were singing and laying when I came down today. Just be sure they've had time to get some feathercoat, and give them things like suet or flock block to keep them warm and to add a gloss to their new plumage!

Well ours were laying 16 to 17 a day and last week went to 11 or 12 a day all week last sunday found a five foot rat snake now with that gone we are back to normal

Back
Top Bottom