They're moving, should I stop turning?

MariposaMama

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Mariposa, CA
Today marks the beginning of day 17 for my eggs and I just saw the first one moving around. While watching it in awe, I saw a second rock slightly. I was going to turn them 2 or 3 times today and again tomorrow before I lock down tomorrow night. Now I'm wondering if I should still do that or should I go ahead and up the humidity and lock down today. I don't want to mess the chicks up by turning them if they are trying to get into position. This is only my second hatch attempt, the first one nothing made it to this point.
roll.png

today is day 17 for me too... I don't have an answer for you, but I'm curious, and I'm about to go stare down my eggs to see if any of them move!!!

I know, it's hard isn't it? I really went over to check my temp and humidity levels and the egg rocked while I was looking. I'm so tempted to pull it out real quick and see if it's pipped the air cell, but I'm trying really hard not to.
roll.png

I set the eggs on the evening of the 31st, so I'm counting the evening of the 1st as day 1. Maybe I'm counting wrong and today is really day 18 not 17.
barnie.gif
This is going to make me crazy, why did I ever think hatching eggs was a good idea?
th.gif

Well I would just do a re-calculation of the days they've been set & I think it's a difference if you've set them in the morning to at night. if you set them in the morning you count that day as 1 & if later at night then it's the next day. I don't think it'll hurt them to turn them once or twice today becaue on day 18 you're still turning anyway it's at the end that it stops so that the last 3 days they're still or that's how I've been doing it.

Back
Top Bottom