Things are a little rough for the new kids in town

Yeah I would keep them separated too, and jail the duck causing the problem if it is only one duck doing it

So last night, for their own protection I left the welshies in the kennel, had 9 eggs in the morning so I will say it wasn’t all bad. Tonight I took the crate out then snooped through the window, Petunia one of my fawn/white runners decided to start attacking and biting, I can’t usually get my hands on them (the runners) but I snatched her up and put her in the kennel, now she is in prison in the middle of everyone... like stocks in the town square. Seems calm. The welshies are out of sight in the camera but everyone else can be seen, I’ll keep checking in but I am hoping it is progress.

Attachments

• AE12C133-CD56-4DA6-A22D-9EE82BAD5606.png
    AE12C133-CD56-4DA6-A22D-9EE82BAD5606.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
I have had the exact same issue with my 2 new harlequins and my 2 runners. The runners, especially my chocolate runner was a total jerk. Then the harlequins got big and they started being the jerks. I thought I would have to re-home them but it is slowly getting better. The four of them were actually sharing the pond the other day for a while. It’s just taking much longer than I expected.

I have had the exact same issue with my 2 new harlequins and my 2 runners. The runners, especially my chocolate runner was a total jerk. Then the harlequins got big and they started being the jerks. I thought I would have to re-home them but it is slowly getting better. The four of them were actually sharing the pond the other day for a while. It’s just taking much longer than I expected.
These 2 i got are still very much sticking together, but they have been accepted by everyone and the bullying has stopped. Sometimes they are with the rest of the flock and sometimes they are by themselves but it is at least all peaceful

Spying!!
LOL
I wouldn't know half the stuff he does if it weren't for cameras. 😂
He thinks both pools belong to him, all of the food, all of the water pans and, apparently,the entire coop. Our coop is 400 Sq ft. We divided it in half so the younger ducks could get a break from him. Now his big butt (they are muscovies) figured out how to fly up on the big crate to loom over the babies. 🙄

Back
Top Bottom