Things I just learned about foxes.

Christopher28fair

Chirping
10 Years
Aug 14, 2010

Foxes can see at night.
Foxes hunt at night.
Foxes aren't necessarily scared to be near homes or animal pens.
Foxes can easily jump a 6 foot fence - in the dark.
Foxes can jump that fence - at night - and, even if there is bird netting carefully laced to the top of the fence and over the top of the pen and then laced securely on the other side, they can jump right over the fence and through the netting.
A small fox can kill an animal considerably larger than them.

Foxes don't care how beautiful your pet is, or how much you love it.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. I recently lost my favourite Muscovy duck to a fox. This fox wanders around the neighbouring farms like it owns the place. Not afraid of humans but does avoid them. This happened in the middle of the afternoon. My flock was out free-ranging while I split wood not 50ft away. I had ear protection on so didn't hear anything amiss. Fox made a quick meal of the parts it wanted and left. I guess finding her dead is better than not finding her at all.

Foxes can see at night.
Foxes hunt at night.
Foxes aren't necessarily scared to be near homes or animal pens.
Foxes can easily jump a 6 foot fence - in the dark.
Foxes can jump that fence - at night - and, even if there is bird netting carefully laced to the top of the fence and over the top of the pen and then laced securely on the other side, they can jump right over the fence and through the netting.
A small fox can kill an animal considerably larger than them.

Foxes don't care how beautiful your pet is, or how much you love it.
So sorry for your loss. We lost 3 of our 4 ducks last week to a fox. This was a morning fox ,she came often for 3 days. We have a fox tail now. Rather have my ducks! Electric fence is next ! It really is shocking didn't have trouble for yrs. God Bless

Back
Top Bottom