Things may be beginning to look up...maybe a little

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by smpezzi, Aug 27, 2008.

1. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Most of you don't know me very well, some of you know me a little and some don't know me at all.

Here is some background: We have had a tough two years here........two years ago my husband and I nearly divorced- had papers filed and everything at that time my ex husband decided it was the "right time" to swoop in and get some revenge on me by taking my oldest son (13 at the time) from me. We went to court and I gave up temporary custody of my son we have been battling ever since. My husband and I are back together and happier than we have ever been we fought hard for our family and our marriage and eachother and it worked! Now we are fighting to get my oldest son back. We have been hit by hard financial times though we nearly lost our home so we filed chapter 13 bankruptcy and are also suing our mortgage company (long story). Hubby has always been a self employed carpenter/contractor and a licensed builder he gave up his builders license this year though as we didn't have the money to renew it (cost went up) work has been scarce to say the least. We are a family of 7 living in a cramped 3 bedroom house ugh.

Ok now for the things may finally be looking up a little: Hubby finally got a call back on monday about a full time job he has been waiting to hear on and he got it!!!!!!!! This means a regular paycheck YAY (by the way if you know of anyone in MI looking for a car/truck etc either to buy or lease Please let me know so I can forward hubbys info to them for the dealership in Waterford MI he is working at starting next tuesday [​IMG] ). Our wonderful dear neighbor has been looking for a new investment and the house across the street was foreclosed on, it is a 5 bedroom huge house on 4.3 ac. and he has offered to buy it, pay to have the roof fixed (a minor job according to hubby) and let us do either lease to own or land contract on it! Yay!!!!!! And in court yesterday we at least didn't lose having oldest DS every other week, it isn't ideal but at least we didn't lose any time with him we didn't gain anybut we didn't lose any!

Maybe things are finally starting to look up. Of course we still have to get everyone's school supplies for the year (school starts tuesday) but I can't stress about that right now. It is a start so I am counting blessings at the moment! I just needed to get some of it out. Thanks

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    wow what a great neighbor to do that for you [​IMG] I'm so glad things are beginning to work out for you. Now the icing on the cake would be to get your son [​IMG] Good luck with everything.

3. Oblio13

Oblio13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Glad the pendulum is swinging back for you.

I'm confused about who has your son if your husband took him and now you're back together.

Why are you suing your mortgage company?

4. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Quote:I got married when I was very young and very stupid and my oldest son is from that marriage, my ex husband is the one that has my son sorry for the confusion there.

We are suing the mortgage company due to false representations, several documented lies, book keeping mistakes on their part, misappropriation of funds and violations of several laws both state and federal.

5. carwinew

carwinew Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2008
    Glad to hear things are looking better for you. Its so nice having good neighbors and hearing about them rather than all the bad ones lots of people have complained about.
    School has already started here (hooray!) but several churches in the area sponsored school supply drives for people needing help with all the costly requirements the schools want the kids to have now. You might want to check in your area they normally are publized in the paper or on bulletin boards at the post office or stores.

6. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Glad to hear that things are looking up. I am in MI so I really know where you are coming from. When are Gov said that in year 5 we would be blowed away she wasn't kidding was she. If we have a MI left after she gets done with us then it will really be a shock.

You go for a ride here and every other house is for sale sometimes the whole block is up for grabs and the jobs just don't exsit, even the flipping burger jobs are not enough for those looking, for every job opening in our town they get over 100 applications in, that is for 1 job. We are not a big town.

I am so glad your hubby found a job. I know that you get commission as well, so good luck with that.

Hang in there and ask at the school if there are any organizations that help with school supplies. Here we have a womans organization that helps with school supplies and winter clothes. Prayers to you and yours.

7. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    oh I wish I could send you some.. everything is being clearanced out here... we are almost finished with our 2nd week of school..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by