Things to Know When Shipping Poultry

Its ME

Songster
Mar 29, 2016
Perry, Kansas
Hello! I’m shipping poultry for the first time (3 bantam ducks) and I need some advice! I ordered a shipping box that will hold them with enough space and I was wondering if I needed to purchase insurance for them (how to do it) and also what the highest temperature I can ship them can be. Any other advice or recommendations is appreciated!

Hello! I’m shipping poultry for the first time (3 bantam ducks) and I need some advice! I ordered a shipping box that will hold them with enough space and I was wondering if I needed to purchase insurance for them (how to do it) and also what the highest temperature I can ship them can be. Any other advice or recommendations is appreciated!
Make sure that you have the appropriate health certificates needed by the state that you are shipping them to.

You should talk to your local PO to find out the most recent regulations regarding shipping of live poultry. Last I knew they only accepted them Mon-Wed. You may have to find out if there's a dry-ice free plane available too depending on where they are going. I would suggest you get a cost estimate as it can be very pricey.

Back
Top Bottom