Things we're teaching our goats... (NEW picts)

big_smile.png
Mine like to make sure every hay bale tastes good before feeding it to them or any other critter here. They also check out the chickens nest boxes and see it it is safe or if there are any eggs. The other day one of them jumped right into the rabbit cage while I was giving it food and water to make sure it was good for the bunny. Kids are fun but they can be a pain at times. I named one of the kids "BRAT"
big_smile.png

Does the free range area have a perimeter fence or do they just stay on the property?

Love the pictures
smile.png

I want to see more of them

We only have 3 strand barbless wire around the perimeter. We are blessed with 40 acres - the goats have never left the area between the house and the barn; they like to stay close to us and the other animals. I always keep an eye on them... I'm also blessed to be a stay-at-home mom so I'm here every day. If I have to leave - they all get locked back into the run.

thats pretty darn cute, Chirpy!

say - you gave me some great advice a while ago. i got my goat - a lovely saanen.. and loved the milking/milk/milk products so much that i just brought home ANOTHER one!

this time its a la mancha named debbie. she milks almost a gallon a day! whee! lotsa milk for all my chickens, dogs, and oh yeah - us too!

things i learned:
1. milking is fun!
2. unless you've loaded out over a ton of gravel. ouch my arms hurt!

wink.png

ohiofarmgirl - that's great! Do you have a thread with pictures of your girls? We'd love to see them.
big_smile.png

That is a hoot! Thanks so much for sharing. My husband NEVER wants to hear or see stuff on this board but I will have to show him this thread. Maybe he'll get going on that goat housing for me...
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom