Things we've done today Saturuday 3/12

Momagain1

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Central IL
Well, I woke up late (915!!!) wonderful hubby let me sleep in..
he got kiddos up, dressed, fed...he started working on chicken coop..

so I laid in bed til whenever lol..and slowly started my day...

then motivation got me in gear...I cleaned:

1/2 the bathroom; 13 yr old cleaned the rest
the girls room..
the living room..even dusted!
bedroom - -mine..even washed sheets & vac'd...
hallway...

started some laundry -- which is a freak event..I DONT do laundry..thats
hubbys job..he claims it...

made a thermos of coffee ... my momma called and said we're bringing gramma (Great gramma to my girls)
by today this afternoon sometime...which is a RARITY for my mom to come out and even a bigger RARITY for gramma..in 8 yrs she's been
here 2 times..today will make 3...
so I made a huge thermos of coffee and 2 triple berry cobblers...(one for my elderly neighbor..we try to take care of her..
we always buy "oops too many" of these things..and give to her..she may be onto me after 8 yrs of it lol..but she doesnt
say anything lol)...

so girls have play clothes on..they are outside in the 22mph winds playing...its semi-warm..about 56...

I have nothing else to do...I guess I could go clean the craft room..but thats a week project!

anyway; waiting on mom/gramma to stop by..cause I want some of this:

183305_1702261674622_1180370400_31534725_4778586_n.jpg

My mom came by too. She came to visit her chickens...not me. I am giving her some of my new babies as a Birthday gift, but she isn't ready for them yet.

I think I want to come visit you though...that cobbler looks yummy!
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

YUMMY! That looks good!
droolin.gif
We've gotten a lot done today too! With the soft ground, our dogs kept digging out of their pen, so we fixed them!
lol.png
Got a fence charger and wire put up around the inside bottom of their pen now.
I washed 4 loads of laundry so far, and 2 loads are hanging outside. Now we need to finish building my incubator this afternoon!
wee.gif

I'm just wondering WHEN they will get here..its 230 now...not here..I am gonna go
barnie.gif

if they call and say they arent coming now...

grrr....

I rotisseried a whole chicken last night...I was gonna make soup stock soon and use it for chick'n noodles for dinner tonight..
but I didnt want to start that til they came by...

waiting impatiently...

Quote:
when we first got here; we took down a laundry line..now I want one again..I think DH will flip if I ask him for it again lol..

Went to work this morning, so did that, found a snowblower on craigslist for 20.00!
big_smile.png
Went & bought & picked that up (will need for next yr!) Now, sittin at computer, hangin out till i have to go back to work... (split shifts today & tomorrow & mon- fri mornings till next Sat. Day Off!) Not looking forward to 'springing up the clock' tonight & losing an hr of sleep..
barnie.gif
th.gif

I woke up, saw it was 8, went back to sleep, woke up at 9 because my dog was licking my face (she does that to wake me up, when she has to potty) So I let her out, went back to sleep, had amazing dream/memory type thing. Woke up because she was barking and scratching on the door.
Let her in, let my other dog out, went back to sleep again. Then woke up when the other dog was scratching and barking at the door.
Let her in.
Laid in bed for like another hour just thinking, then got up to take a shower.
And now here I am.
It is only 11:39 right now.
Its weird i have been getting up early even when I wish to sleep in.
So today was my attempt to sleep in hahaha.
The rest of my plan for today is, watch horror movies, and cook.

its 346 and they called said theyd b here in about 15 min!

sooo 4 pm..ok...great..nothing on the stove for dinner that'll be ready anytime soon..now what??

we really dont have take out in this small town except subway...
they prob wont stay long tho..

Was up by 6.

Went out to check cows since we're calving now.

Came back up to the yard and did chicken chores.

Went in the house to have a few drinks of my first Pepsi of the day and check BYC.

Went back out for cow chores.

Helped move a truck and tractor to the field since hubby was going to plant oats this morning.

Came back and checked the incubator.

Checked cows again and found a cow calving.

Started a load of laundry and did some housework.

Checked cows again and the calf had arrived.

Went to a neighbor's auction for a little while.

Noon

Went to my son's and babysat for some of the grandkids for a couple of hours.

Came home and checked cows.

Started another load of laundry.

Cleaned up one of my flower beds.

Interspersed throughout the day when I've been in the house I've checked BYC

Now I'm going to make something to take to my husband for a snack since he's done planting oats and now is working some corn ground.

It's 4 pm.

ok; 5:02 and they are gone..they were here less than an hr ugh..

sooo...now what..dinner was put on hold...no way to get it done for dinner tonight...so it'll be in crockpot
for lunch tomorrow...

hubby will be done in like 1/2 hr outside..he's putting door frame in and door...and calling it a night...

soo...maybe I need to run somewhere and get dinner? its like 25 min to the closest "little big" town...

and its really just fast food ugh..

Back
Top Bottom