think i might have to many drakes

we have male/female pairs of white crested, chocolate runners and buff ducks. I think we will ditch the males but 1. we want all of the above really. I said we were not much into eggs but I have read that duck eggs are good in bakery things and my wife does a lot of baking, we just dont really eat eggs for breakfast. its good learning for the kids to so they have chores and what not , just not sure now how i am going to break the news to everyone now, I guess thats a life lesson all in itself there.

The indian runner alone should provide a lot of eggs, as they are known as a laying breed. You may want to sell some.
smile.png
You probably don't want to breed crested x crested as a large percentage will die in the shell and of the ones that hatch, some could have neurological defects, blindness and etc. Buff ducks are good dual purpose ducks, they can provide a good amount of eggs, plus they grow into good sized meat producing ducks as well. Some Buff bloodlines have even proven to be decent mothers, hatching out their own babies.

Hope this help. Good luck on the life lessons, been there and done that. Most of all, enjoy your ducks!

Back
Top Bottom