Thinking about getting some turkeys

Nov 6, 2018
San Antonio, Texas
So.... thanksgiving is coming around and 1. I don't kill or eat my birds.
But I'm thinking about getting some turkeys.
I can let them live with my hens and rooster with no problem but is there anything that's bad about that? my quails enjoy the hens and the chickens are very nice.
IS there anything I should know before getting turkeys like do I need to clip their wings? or they will attack other birds? Any suggestions on what I need to know?

So.... thanksgiving is coming around and 1. I don't kill or eat my birds.
But I'm thinking about getting some turkeys.
I can let them live with my hens and rooster with no problem but is there anything that's bad about that? my quails enjoy the hens and the chickens are very nice.
IS there anything I should know before getting turkeys like do I need to clip their wings? or they will attack other birds? Any suggestions on what I need to know?
Turkeys need a lot more room than chickens do. Putting turkeys in a small space with chickens is normally a recipe for disaster.

On the other hand if you start with newly hatched poults they are by far too easy to get attached to them.

If your quail are not getting diseases from your chickens, the turkeys will most likely be alright too. If you live in an area that has blackhead, it can be deadly to the turkeys.

Each turkey is an individual and has its own personality.

You can start by reading the threads in the Turkeys Sticky Topics Index.

Back
Top Bottom